If you are interested in visiting Kyoto then this podcast is for you. In this Fun Friday edition of the podcast I interview my long suffering brother Ben about his work as a tourguide in Kyoto. We talk about what to visit, when to come, etiquette for tourists, food, history and more!
Listen to the podcast
Here some links to some of the topics mentioned on the podcast.
- Hakodate – City in Hokkaido
- Morioka city (Voted No.2 destination)
- Namahage -Traditional winter ritual in Tohoku
- Geiko and Maiko
- Nanzenji – Beautiful temple worth adding to your itinerary
- Ohara – Beautiful town in Kyoto
- Murin-an – Traditional rain garden
- Hyotei – Restaurant specializing in Kaiseki ryori
- Nishiki Market – Covered market in Kyoto
- Kurama Temple – Beautiful temple in Kyoto
- Shojin Ryori – Traditional vegitarian Buddhist cuisine
- Sorano Tofu Restaurant – Not Kyoto but a great tofy restaurant in Tokyo worth a try on your trip to Japan!